Tangy, spicy, and bright, this easy lime-cilantro vinaigrette can be served on just about any salad, taco, or burrito bowl recipe.
A bright and zippy dressing is the perfect celebration of summer flavors. This lime-cilantro vinaigrette will brighten up your favorite meals, like tacos, salads, or burrito bowls.
You need only five ingredients for this recipe, including:
- Lime juice and zest
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Maple syrup
You can get creative with this vinaigrette too. Want it creamy? Try adding a bit of non-dairy sour cream. Like it sweeter? Add a bit more maple syrup. You can also add spinach to it for an even more robust dressing. Another way to enhance the flavor? Char the jalapeño along with scallions and the blitz in the food processor to add smoky, spicy undertones.
Making it is as simple as a few whirs in a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, you can finely mince the cilantro and jalapeño. You can also muddle the cilantro and jalapeño in a molcajete or mortar and pestle and then blend with the liquid ingredients.
For this dressing, I served it simply on dressed greens. Try it on your next taco bowl or with this vegan mushroom taco filling.
If you make this vinaigrette, I’d love to hear how it turns out! Tag me on Instagram or drop a comment below. Take a picture of it and I’ll feature you in my feed!
Looking for more side dish ideas? Check my archives!
Easy Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Food processor
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Blend the ingredients:
- Place the juice from both limes and zest from 1 lime in a food processor. Add the cilantro, jalapeño, and maple syrup. Pulse until finely minced.
Add the extra virgin olive oil:
- Slowly add the extra virgin olive oil and pulse continuously until completely emulsified. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Tranfser to an airtight mason jar and refrigerate until needed. Shake or whisk before to serving. Enjoy!